Monday, March 3, 2008

some more today

Still time left on my internet cafe credit. Spend my time on the boat trying to interact with fellow passengers mainly indians returning home with goods from Manaus. River boats are special, they take massive loads of cargo and empty space is filled with people swinging from hammocks. Once the boat is loaded, movement on the 2 lower decks is near impossible and all life evolves around top deck. We left in a terrific electric storm with heavy downpour and it was near dark. Life on the topdeck therefore limited but enjoyable. I only found out during the night that my hammock was not really build for sleeping. You automatically get forced to one side and is very uncomfy. Luckily place so crowded that hardly space to fall out of it, but all of that later. I arrived today in port and took a lift to town centre and got a room. Really in the middle of nowhere and soon will get something to eat and drink. It is incredibly hot and humid, much worse than Manaus but have airco-will sleep. I keep a diary of events and experiences because so much going on that I lose treat otherwise, can´t believe it´s only a week since I left. Also wonder how wales did in the rugby this weekend?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Really pleased to get your text today and to find out that you are OK. Read your blogs and look forward to hearing about it all in much more detail - sounds quite an exhausting experience, rather you than me! The Wales game is not until Saturday 8th, will text you the result; boys and I will be glued. Everything OK here, lots of love Marilyn, Joel and Theo