Monday, March 17, 2008

last day in peruvian jungle

back in luxury lodge and said goodbye to american group. spend afternoon walking the forest just 1 guide and me. Saw amazing frogs, birds and a snake just 1 ft away from my knee, luckily small and inocent otherwise could have hurt. Explorama lodges has been a real treat, broadbased intro to jungle environment and social life and truly fascinating. Anyone wanting to see this part of Peru and rainforest would highly recommend. On return must write out my travel notes to do some justice to this trip. Make my way back to brazil tomorrow and should be in e-mail contact from then. I've started collecting some plant and flower species for Theo's collection, hope they won't get confisc. at airport. It feels like I've been away for months having such busy days from 5/6 in morning till late, going to rest a few days when back in manaus. Have taken many exiting pics especially yesterday visiting monkey sanctuary, and boys will really love pics of tribes, Yagua and Bora indians. One pic eluding me is of brazilian morph butterfly, very large and heavenly blue, might have to catch it and nail to tree to get picture (joke) but otherwise large collection of species so far.

1 comment:

alexzoe said...

sounds amazing... can't wait to see piccies! We miss you!! Lex x