Wednesday, March 26, 2008

resume of last days

I have not been able to write as many posts as I would have wished but there is a simple explanation, when it rains in the amazon either the electricity cuts out or the telephone or both, and unfortunately it is the rainy season. I have stayed a few days in manaus just to get my energy back and take stock of the enormity of experiences before starting the last leg of my journey. That is not to say I go without experiences, last night I nearly sat down on a scorpion and it was not dead by any means. I was taken out to manaus for a meal and a drink by my hosts and gradually meet more and more people. Went to see a band play blues with very familiar songs, yet, never understood a single word eventhough they were singing in english. Whenever the rains stop I try to observe nature, few toucans, weaverbirds, eagles, 1m long iguana climbing to top of tree, just usual stuff? how casual does it get after a few weeks? Planning my last trip out to Presidente Figueiredo on monday which involves a busride up the BR174 a motorway all the way up to Venezuela but luckily it will only be 100km for me.

No comments: