Thursday, March 6, 2008

2 days of relaxation

flew back to manaus yesterday and booked a new trip to peru for friday. My regular lodgings were full so some friend offered his boat to me, great time. Whole vessel to myself. Fly out to trabatinga on friday (border with peru) and then have to make my way to iquitos which is another 500km. Still long trip and some unchartered waters as it comes to border issues and drug problems in that region. Luckily I am dutch and single so no obvious connections there???Today thursday a day of 2 halves, spend morning on ornithological pursuits, toucans, eagles and many varieties that are not in the spotter guide, then 2 kinds of monkeys. Went for a walk after that for lunch( about 15 min. walk) and had to spend 4hr eating and drinking in bar because couldn't leave due to tropical storms and massive downpours. Now it is dark and another day over, these have been some restfull days. Peru trip is going to be my last long trip before returning to manaus and visit some local ecoparks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hello dad its joel.
just finished playing St.Albans city west and we won 3-2. we didnt play very well but i scored an overhead kick! if you cant get me a 3ft knife i will allow you to get me a croc tooth. Have you seen any crocs?
blog back!
Joel xxx