Monday, March 3, 2008

boat trip

Left friday morning for boattrip to Sao Gabriel Da Cachoairo. Sign-in time, i.e hang hammock at 11.00am and sail at 18.00hr. Unbelievable trip for 3.5 days through the jungle and only just finished today. A journey back into time with local transport and local customs and which lasted for ever for various reasons. Planning to right up my travel notes when I return so I can do some justice to my experience. I have traveled over 1000km in rainforest up Rio Negro and just enjoyed a shower and fresh clothes in local hotel. 99% of people are indian here and little spanish or english, the centre is like a western film but fortunately the cyber cafe is right next to the hotel entrance. Going to spend a few days here to rest and maybe make it into the highlands with a guide. I am completely exhausted from the trip and experience over the last days and concerned that travelling is going to take up so much time that I might not make it to Peru. The distances are incredible and transport is efficient but far and few between. Now that I am back in contact will post some more info over the next few days.

No comments: