Tuesday, March 4, 2008

my next plan.

Sao Gabriel is a great place for a day so I just booked a ticket to fly back to Manaus tomorrow morning. I feel I need to get to Peru otherwise run ning out of time. Plan is to fly from Manaus to Trabatinga on the Peruvian border and then by fast boat to Iquitos. I would love to have another slow-boat trip but this will take a week. Flying not that cheap but consider the distances still cheaper than at home. Also they speak spanish there and that will help greatly. Getting quite proficient in spanish as nobody speaks any english and very few speak spanish. One friend on the market today said he knew someone english, but what he ment was he had seen someone english once. I made mistake on getting a taxi to the airport to buy a ticket because it is just a clearance in the forest and certainly no offices. As it turned out the agent ´TRIP´sells tickets and is right next to my hotel. Would have been a wasted journey if it had not been for the taxi trip (half hr each way) through rainforest. Saw butterflies the size of dinnerplates around a farm growing flowers. Great big yellow ones. There is surprizingly little wildlife around towns but also very insects, mayby lucky I travelled at this time of year.

No comments: